Have you tried fixing your corrupt Outlook data files manually but every time scanpst fails to repair PST file? Scanpst.exe is offered to Windows users to repair their Outlook data files if they get damaged. Outlook uses a PST file to store their data items like emails, contacts, calendars, etc. If these files get corrupt, the data contained within them are on verge of getting completely lost.
Scanpst comes to the rescue in such cases. But, it can also show issues in certain situations.
Why Scanpst Fails to Repair PST File?
- PST Files Are Intensely Damaged: There are cases when the PST files are damaged beyond repair. This happens when the structure of the PST files is distorted. Scanpst is capable of resolving a low level of corruption but it cannot work on severely corrupt files.
- Oversized PST Files: This is a well-known drawback of the scanpst repair tool. Since it is capable of working with PST files up to 2 GB in size, any file bigger than that is beyond the repairing capacity of this inbox repair tool.
- Scanpst Location Not Found: This is not as common, however, it can happen over with some users. This repair tool is found in the C drive but sometimes users are not able to locate it. Also, the location of this tool differs from the version of Outlook that you are working with.
How to Resolve ScanPST Failure?
The Scanpst can be resolved by performing the following steps:
- Launch Scandisk Utility: First, navigate to the start menu, then launch the Command prompt. Right-click on it and choose to “Run as administrator”
Here, type ‘chkdsk /f’ and hit on Enter
Now, follow the instructions given on the screen to begin scanning.
- Issue Scanning Process in Drive: Go to the C drive and go to Properties. Go to Tools and click on Check Now. A dialog box will show up, select both options, and tap on Start.
- Use PST in Another System: It is a possibility that the PST files are fine but you are facing some issues with Outlook or your computer. Try sending the PST files to another laptop and use those data files in it.
Scanpst Failing to Repair PST File – Resolved
If the error persists, there is no other way left but to use the professional tool. SysTools software to repair corrupted Outlook PST files is one such software that provides the best results. It provides several features as shown below:
- Repairs all levels of corruption from the PST files
- Fixes lost or deleted PST files from PST
- Decrypts S/MIME and OpenPGP encryption from messages
- Can fix ANSI or UNICODE corrupt PST files
Also Read: How to Use MBOX File in Outlook?
In this article, we have explained what you can do if Scanpst fails to repair PST file. We have given the reasons why files may damage and how you can fix them. If due for any reason, you are unable to resolve the errors, we have provided a great tool to help you solve all problems. Go through the articles and easily repair the PST files.