Summary: Do you have MBOX files and want to know how to use MBOX file in Outlook? We shall answer all of your questions in this article, so keep reading.
The MBOX file is the electronic mail message that stores all of the messages from an entire folder in a single database file. Any new messages are then appended at the end of these files. Outlook is an email client that uses a PST format for saving its data items like emails, contacts, calendars, and other data items. The MBOX format is foreign to MS Outlook and you simply cannot import the MBOX files into it because Outlook would not recognize such a file format.
Therefore, for using the MBOX files in Outlook, one has to convert the properties of the source files into Outlook PST. It is often seen that users are trying to import one file data to another and that is because they are switching their applications often. MBOX file is compatible with a dozen email clients and hence, it is not uncommon to witness the rising demand of adding MBOX into Outlook.
If you are a user of such an email client that supports MBOX and want to add these files to Outlook, this article will help you. Even if you just wish to add the MBOX files that you’re received from your colleagues, then also this blog fits your needs. So, let’s jump right into the solutions.
How to Use MBOX File in Outlook?
SysTools MBOX to PST file conversion is the only option to use MBOX with Outlook. It provides a great platform to convert the file formats that allows you to use the former data in Outlook. Here are some of its significant features:
- Option to export MBOX emails with their attachments to Outlook PST
- The ability to convert entire MBOX file data with its details to Outlook
- Option to browse, load, and convert orphan MBOX files into Outlook
- Provides the option to convert MBOX/MBS/MBX files to MS Outlook PST file
- Can create individual PST for all mails or single PST for them
- It supports bulk conversion of MBOX files into multiple formats
Guide for Using MBOX File in MS Outlook
- First of all, you must download and install the tool on your device.
- Then, click on “Add File” to load MBOX. Select the MBOX files and browse them.
- Next, you can preview the details of the MBOX files.
- Choose PST as the export option and choose a location to save. Hit on Export.
Import PST to Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook application & choose the File tab option.
- Tap on “Open & Import” and then opt for Import/Export wizard
- Now, choose “Import from another program or file” and select Next
- From here, click on the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” option and choose the Next button
- Now, search for the PST files you created previously to add to Outlook.
- After doing so, choose the folder to use these files with Outlook.
- Now, decide how to work with duplicates and click on Finish
We have discussed in detail how to use MBOX file in Outlook. This method works for MBOX files from all email clients and creates PST files compatible with Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and other versions. Users can also choose to apply the split PST option to avoid the creation of oversized PST files. This method is safe to execute and ensures the integrity and security of the source data.