AI acronym for Artificial Intelligence is an undeniable part of the current generation of marketing. Businesses of every shape and size are constantly adapting to AI, implementing it in their work process. One such example is AI in digital marketing. Some might wonder — digital wasn’t enough in marketing that AI had to come along and complicate things. Well, the world of digital technology is constantly evolving, and so is the way you market.
Whether it’s marketing analytics or audience targeting, AI in marketing has made the process of business development more streamlined. This is especially from the point of view of digital marketing. The potential of artificial intelligence is yet to test but what’s certain is its constant progression. So, as a marketing executive or digital marketing enthusiast, your insight is paramount.
The focus of this article is to guide you through the process of AI integrates. The parallels of digital marketing it works with, including SEO, SEM, SMM, and more.
How artificial intelligence is Transforming Digital marketing
AI means for digital marketing, it’s nothing but an effort to make the overall journey of a customer much more refined and effortless. After all, what do we want as marketers? To help an online audience find what they want?
- Paid Advertising — AI uses machine learning to constantly integrate big data to help you reach out to the right target audience. Your paid advertising on social media or Google is segmented and targeted to a group of audience you want to reach. How does it happen? It’s AI. Using Artificial Intelligence, search engines and social media platforms can contemplate audience behavior. It can categorize your ads in a manner that works best for the audience and you.
- Rules and Regulations of Search Engine — The constant algorithm updates from Google, ranging from Penguin to Hemingway, BERT, and Rankbrain. All based on AI and machine learning. From analyzing content quality to ranking pages SERP, Google Algorithms use machine learning to contemplate the best answers to search engine queries.
- Optimized Returns for business — One of the biggest upsides of Artificial intelligence marketing is the ability for search engines to make the most of your budget. Because of highly targeted ads, you, as a business, know the probable ROI is much higher.
- Analytics — AI in advertising, more specifically, digital advertising, helps executives monitor and analyze the progress of a campaign. With an in-depth and visualized look at the campaign results, businesses make critical decisions and find an opportunity to learn and grow in real-time.
- Content curation — In digital marketing, content rules the kingdom. No matter how effortless your SEO practices are, if the content is not up to the mark, the chances of failure are high. There are AI marketing tools that help make the content quality for search engines. From grammatical errors to plagiarism, in a few clicks, you know everything that’s wrong with your content.
Changing phases of Marketing
Marketing has seen its fair share of ups and downs. It hasn’t been more than seven decades that businesses began to realize the sheer necessity of reaching out to customers and marketing their products.
- Before marketing — It was always certain. People need things, and businesses need to sell. So, before marketing could exist, businesses focused on developing products — more of them. As mass production increased, consumption normalized, and that’s when marketing came into the picture.
- The beginning of Marketing — Although the process of selling goods and services for a cost has existed over centuries, it was only in the early 1940s that businesses understood that in a rising competitive market, building customer loyalty was key. What happened next? The foundations of marketing departments lay here. This was a significant step, and although there was no certainty of how things were going to play out, marketing strategies were manually prepared, and businesses began to apply them.
- Print and Media era — in the early days, marketers saw a great opportunity in print. After all, it was the fastest and most widespread means to reach an audience. Soon television came into play, and advertising expanded there too. The only issue with these approaches was they were outbound. Meaning, the ads force their way onto people. So, how much of it stayed with the audience, there was no certainty.
- The digital marketing era — The ball game changed when early digital marketing began. Digital marketing separates itself from all the other forms of marketing by being inbound. Meaning, customers come to you rather than you forcing yourself onto them.
- AI in marketing — The current generation of marketing builds on artificial marketing. From promotions on social media to search engine ads, AI marketing has expanded leaps and bounds.
Key features of AI marketing
There are a few aspects that make AI in digital marketing a clear winner than any other form of marketing on the planet.
- Targeted and widespread reach — You can operate here and see there, thanks to AI in digital marketing. In other words, you and your product have an unbounded playing field. Sitting in India, you can market your product in the US using digital marketing tools. AI has helped marketers with ease of marketing.
- Social media marketing — It was only a dream for marketers to reach customers at the right time. However, there were no real means to do that. Not anymore. With AI in marketing, reaching out to the right in-market audience and remarketing to them has become effortless.
- Market analysis — Manual market analysis restricts you to only a certain group of people. AI marketing pushes the envelope of market analysis and helps markets with tons of big data to furnish marketing essentials like segmentation and positioning.
- Tracking and reporting — Real-time tracking of every campaign, yes, that’s AI. Learning how many people are there on your website at any given point. Tracking where they come from. What device they use, and more. You get an in-depth report of every metric that helps you make better business decisions.
Some AI Marketing Tools and implementation
If you are a marketer in the 21st century, it’s impossible to go about doing your day-to-day without taking some help from an AI marketing tool. Here are some tools that are used commonly by digital marketers.
- Google Analytics — If you own a website, Google Analytics is a free tool that you must integrate your website with. Audience acquisition, behavioral insights to real-time audience reports. You can find everything going on on your website right on Google Analytics.
- Keyword Planner — The Google Keyword Planner is another exceptional tool that helps digital marketers determine keywords that best match their advertising campaigns. Using the tool, you can plan your search engine ads and streamline search engine optimization strategies.
- Grammarly — A must-have for many content creators, Grammarly helps you rectify grammar. Additionally, the app helps you reorganize your content and make it more suitable for your target audience.
- Copyscape — With billions of articles on the web, you can never be certain if your content is 100% genuine or not. Copyscape scans your content against billions of websites to find any plagiarism. Once found, you can fix the content to avoid search engine penalization.
- SemRush — Semrush is a comprehensive SEO tool. Marketers use it to conduct site audits, plan link-building strategies, and more.
AI marketing is only developing. The next big thing is AI marketing combined with Virtual Reality. With the introduction of Metaverse, marketing is soon going to see another twist.