Infrastructure and Dormitories
- The next day you stay in the bedroom. Dormitories on the SPbPU campus cost from $ 130 to $ 180 per month. The cost of living and studying MBBS in Russia for Indian students is not very high, as the average student in St. Petersburg needs $ 300 to $ 400 a month. This money includes food, transportation, laundry, and entertainment. Please note that these prices correspond to the cost of living in St. Petersburg, as they can be different, as in other cities and regions of Russia.
- Ask your teacher or new acquaintance to show you the nearest supermarket, hospital, and bank.
- Add the number of instructors, program coordinators, admission managers, and emergency services to the phone book.
- Download a city map and an underground map. Ask your teacher to show you easy access to university buildings, hospitals, banks, shopping malls, downtown, and popular attractions.
- Be careful with your belongings on the streets and on public transportation. We do not recommend that you withdraw cash, as it is best to use a credit card. However, there is no cashless payment on public transportation and some stores, so you need to keep real money in your purse.
- Unlicensed taxi drivers can cost you dearly. Use licensed taxi services or public transportation as they have a fixed price.
- Always follow traffic rules and use the subway to cross the road to avoid city traffic.
Travel around the City and Make Friends
- If you want to go on a long trip, buy a ticket in advance and take into account traffic jams, as they can happen in St. Petersburg not only during rush hours but at any time.
- Russia is not an English-speaking country and most people only speak Russian. Therefore, it is better to learn popular phrases in Russian when you come (or even before you come) and write a conversation book with you.
- Foreigners who visit St. Petersburg frequently find that it often rains. We recommend that you read the weather information. If the weather bureau says it’s going to rain, always have an umbrella with you.
- Also, keep in mind that Russia is a very cold country, so you need warm clothes.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to be friends! SPbPU has about 30,000 students and about 5,000 of them are international students. You will never be alone here and all kinds of workouts will not let you get bored.
- Join student clubs, walk the streets and parks of the cultural capital of Russia, visit museums and exhibitions, go to theaters, relax in one of the many cafes, restaurants, shopping malls, bars, and clubs in St. Petersburg and just relax.
- If you have a problem, don’t hesitate to ask for help in most cases, people on the street will try to help you.
You Will Not Regret Studying MBBS in Russia in St. Petersburg
The sincerity and open-mindedness of the people chase away the changing climate of St. Petersburg. Come to study MBBS in Kazan Federal University, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and fall in love with the city of White Nights. Living in Russia will be an unforgettable experience, you will not regret it. Try it!