McAfee SiteAdvisor is a trusted browser add-on that is ideal to be installed into Chrome. It will secure the result that is based on the reports collected about everyone. You can use such ratings to decide s the site is secure to use.
To use McAfee SiteAdvisor for Chrome browser, it is advisable to download and install it on your device. You can use McAfee SiteAdvisor on Chrome browser and before downloading it, you have to confirm a few things below-
- You must have the latest version of McAfee WebAdvisor
- Download software from the reliable SiteAdvisor official website
Let’s start the download procedure
- Click on the Chrome Browser and start the Chrome platform
- Enter the “McAfee SiteAdvisor” in the appeared box and hit the Enter key to open a reliable site
- Select the official site of McAfee and download this software properly. The download will take a few minutes
- After successful download, you have to click on Save and select the location to save it. McAfee will start downloading automatically
- Open the package folder and click on the WebAdvisor setup file for installation within a few minutes. After that, you have to complete the installation procedure by following on-screen prompts
- After completing the installation procedure, double-tap on the McAfee SiteAdvisor icon to open it
Well, the procedure to download and install is very simple. But your duty does not end here. You will need to configure settings to turn on McAfee WebAdvisor in Chrome.
After installation and downloading of SiteAdvisor, configure it. It won’t create the desired result and maintain the Settings policy. Reconfigure the software per your requirements.
- Double-click on the McAfee ePolicy and choose Menu and click on Policy from the menu that appears
- Tap on the Policy Catalog that will appear on the product list and select SiteAdvisor from multiple lists of product
- Click on the Settings Policy under the Category list and edit it according to the policy by clicking on Edit
- Go to the Proxy Server tab to control and manage the Proxy Server settings. Tap on the Action Enforcement tab
- Track the net surfing status in the browser and open the Control Panel window and click on the Control Pad option
- You will have the next option Add/Remove Program list. You will get the list of the programs that are installed on your system
Turn on McAfee SiteAdvisor in Chrome
Move ahead with the steps that are not tough to follow-
- Start the Chrome browser and go to the SiteAdvisor site
- Download and install with the advanced version and run the setup file to start the software
- Click on the Install and try to Install the Add-On and restart the Chrome browser
- Go to the Enable Extension and there you have to enable the Option Secure Search
- You have to start the net surfing and view the SiteAdvisor result when you are all set
- Go to the Site Report for the comprehensive report to login to hyperlinks and links from the SiteAdvisor
- A green mark comes with the authentic link and blocks the un-trustable site. The checkmark on the website alerts the users on the running site status
- There might be a Green tick and when it appears then, the sites are safe and malware and web threats free
- The Red mark indicates that the site comes with a serious security threat. In case, if you see a Yellow checkmark then there must be a security risk that shows malicious links
- The question mark “?” denotes that the site is unknown to the SiteAdvisor and it is not been rated by their company
There might be instances that it won’t install on your device and at that time, fix it by sticking with a few steps.
McAfee WebAdvisor extension is not installed
- To install the McAfee WebAdvisor extension in Chrome, click on the link to Add to Chrome
- There you have to restart Chrome and for the alternate method to install the Chrome extension
- Uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor and restart your computer and reinstall it again
Apart from this, you will get a complete idea of the download and installation of WebAdvisor. There might be instances that the entire context will be very useful for the McAfee users to avoid the potential web threats by enabling the McAfee SiteAdvisor efficiently.