Summary: Today here we will learn the best possible ways to save MBOX file on Hard Drive. You will get detailed instructions to store emails from .mbox file in local storage for further use.
A mailbox file, abbreviated MBOX, is used to store a collection of email messages. MBOX files can be output by a wide range of email programmes and online webmail services. Certain email programmes can import data from MBOX files, and you can find an MBOX file converter to convert it to another format or the best MBOX viewer for your needs to simply view the contents.
MBOX Files Illustration
MBOX files are a popular file format for storing large amounts of email. They are special text files that store emails as plain text with headers separated. They can also save email attachments and their contents, with the files encoded in a consistent manner.
Many email programmes allow you to save a folder or a group of emails in MBOX format. This is useful for transferring email messages from one computer to another. Simply export the MBOX file from your preferred email programme or provider and transfer it as you would a large file, such as with a USB memory stick or cloud storage programme.
Text files can be opened with a text editor programme such as Notepad++ on Windows, TextEdit on Mac, or any of the Unix command line text editors because they are mostly just text.
The files are also easily indexed by operating system search tools, which is useful if you need to locate an email stored in an MBOX file on your hard drive.
How to Save MBOX File Emails on Hard Drive
There are multiple ways to save emails from MBOX file in the local storage device. To know them, read the full article. However, there is no perfect manual solution o perform this operation. Thus it is recommended to use an expert approach. One such tool is MBOX Converter, all in one solution to save MBOX file emails on hard drive in different formats.
1. Save MBOX as PST Format
In contrast to MBOX, which only stores email messages, personal storage format (PST) stores outlook data. As a result, when you transfer to PST, you will be able to open it in Microsoft Outlook. Here’s how to convert MBOX to PST so you can view them in Outlook. To complete this activity, follow the steps outlined below.
- Install and run this tool on your system.
- After that click on Open >> Email Data File >> MBOX File >> Select File or Folder.
- Hit on the Export button and choose PST format.
- At last. browse the location to save the file and click on the Save button.
Here you save MBOX to PST format. After that, you can transfer this .pst file into the Outlook interface and access all the emails in its interface.
2. Save MBOX File as EML
Not only can you view your MBOX files in Outlook via PST, but you can also view them in EML format. You can also convert MBOX to EML format and open them on a variety of email clients. As a result, it fosters greater flexibility, and you can view it in any of your mail applications. Follow the steps given below to complete this activity.
- Install and run this programme on your computer.
- Then, select Open >> Email Data File >> MBOX File >> Select File or Folder.
- Select EML as the export format by clicking the Export button.
- Finally, navigate to the location where you want to save the file and press the Save button.
3. Save MBOX File Emails in CSV Format
In order to save emails from .mbox file in a structured format, the user needs to convert MBOX to CSV format. After that access this file on any text editor or any application that supports excel format without any issue. To accomplish this task, follow the steps outlined below.
- This programme should be installed and run on your computer.
- Then, go to File >> Open >> Email Data File >> MBOX File >> Choose File or Folder.
- By clicking the Export button, you can choose CSV as the export format.
- Finally, navigate to where you want to save the file and click the Save button.
4. Save Emails from the MBOX file as PDF
User can also store their .mbox file emails in standard email format. To do that user need to transfer the MBOX file to PDF format so that it can be accessed on any platform that supports this file format. Follow the steps outlined below to accomplish this process.
- This programme must be installed and activated on your computer.
- Then, select File >> Open >> Email Data File >> MBOX File >> Finish. Select File or Folder.
- You can select PDF as the export format by clicking the Export button.
- Finally, browse to the location where you want to save the file and press the Save button.
5. Transfer MBOX Emails to HTML Format
If users wish to open their .mbox email in any browser, then they need to export MBOX to HTML format. As .html is the only file format that can be accessed on any web browser without internet connectivity. For that follow the given steps.
- On your computer, this programme must be installed and activated.
- After that, go to File >> Open >> Email Data File >> MBOX File >> Finish. Choose File or Folder.
- By clicking the Export button, you can choose HTML as the export format.
- Finally, navigate to the folder where you want to save the file and click the Save button.
Here are the 5 ways to save MBOX file emails on hard drive. All the methods are the best way to secure your important data for further use. Users can opt for any method to save their important emails.
Backing up your emails is critical and will assist you if you need to recover some important data. You can open your MBOX files and convert them to other formats using any of the methods described above. Also, when downloading software, be careful not to download malicious advertisements that could harm your computer.
For More Such Article: Read Here