Laundry systems designed for industrial purposes require a lot of maintenance. We understand that if your laundry equipment halts due to maintenance issues, it can cost both time and money. The overhead can include the money spent on fixing them and would cause a business loss for the number of days it is out-of-order. If the industrial laundry equipment is on-site, the laundry will pile up, and you would have to spend extra money taking the laundry to a different site. But do not stress, we have provided all the information you need to keep your industrial laundry machines running smoothly.
Ways to Take Care of Your Industrial Laundry Equipment
- It is essential to inspect your machines now and then. Even if your laundry equipment is running smoothly, there may be insignificant issues here and there that might build up and cause massive irreversible problems in the future. A quick monthly or weekly inspection will allow you to take care of issues that may not cost you as much as the disastrous issues might.
- Clean the lint! We cannot stress how important that is. Industrial laundry machines tend to malfunction due to lint buildup. Therefore, it is essential to keep the lint screens and filters clean.
- It is imperative to leave the washer doors open when they are not being used. This is because moisture in the washer area is ideal for mold and fungus to culture, and cleaning them could be a hassle. Leaving the door open would allow the washer to dry correctly.
- Do not throw away the industrial laundry equipment The laundry equipment manufacturers provide you with a manual so that you can refer to it for self-maintenance. The manual often has all the specific details needed to help you take care of the device.
- Once you have decided to inspect and maintain your industrial laundry machines, it is crucial to create a maintenance schedule. Create a schedule and try your best to stick to it. You should also keep a checklist that will ensure that you do not miss anything important during maintenance.
- Try not to DIY fix everything. These machines may malfunction if the issue needs a professional service. It may be costly, but the money spent on professional service would be less than replacing all your industrial laundry equipment.
If you require professional assistance, contact Consolidated Laundry Machinery today. We know that your business deserves the best that’s why we are here to provide you with all the help you need. You can also explore our website to see what else we have to offer.