error 15102 appears on the screen while downloading the latest QuickBooks desktop and payroll update. The QuickBooks error code 15102 comes up with a message, “Error 15102: Failed to reset update.” To update QuickBooks, you need to have a high speed internet connection, Administrative rights and access to the download file location, issue with any of these can give QuickBooks error message 15102. Continue reading the blog to get detailed information on QuickBooks error 15102, its causes and solutions.
If you need any technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 15102, then talk to certified QuickBooks professionals by calling us on our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430).
What are the causes behind QuickBooks error 15102?
There are several reasons behind the error. Take a look at some of them listed below:
- The download location is invalid and not accessible.
- The user is running QuickBooks desktop in a terminal services environment in multi-user mode.
- The user is not logged in as Windows Administrator.
- The QuickBooks desktop version you are using is no longer supported.
As of now, you are aware of the factors responsible for the error. Now, proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Best Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks error 15102
Following are the two most effective solutions to fix the error:
Solution 1. Check if the mapped file location is correct
- Open QuickBooks and move to the Product Information window.
- Search for the mapped location path and note it down. It will look like this: [x]:\[folder name]\[data file name].
- Choose the Help menu and select update QuickBooks.
- Move to the Options tab and confirm that the information in Download Location is correct.
- If Shared Download is set to Yes, the drive in Download Location needs to be the same drive that appears in the Product Information window.
- If Shared Download is set to No, the directory in Download Location needs to be the same as the QuickBooks Desktop installation directory.
- If the location is incorrect, you need to change the state of the location.
- Then, download the latest tax table:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Choose Employees, then select Get Payroll Updates.
- Mark the Download Entire Update checkbox.
- Select Download Latest Update
If the error continues, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Log in as an Administrator and then update QuickBooks
- Close QuickBooks.
- Right-click on its icon and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Click Continue when the User Account Control (UAC) prompts to run the QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks.
- On the No Company Open screen, move to the Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Options tab and select Mark All.
- Next, click Save.
- Select the Update Now tab and then mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start the download, select Get Updates.
We hope the solutions mentioned in the blogs help you fix QuickBooks error 15102. If you face any difficulty performing the troubleshooting steps, get in touch with the QuickBooks support team by dialing our helpline number (1.800.579.9430).
Note :- Step by Step Follow this blog to resolve QuickBooks error 15240.