When we think of an alcoholic beverage that gives us a predominant flavor from juniper berries. The first thing that pops up in our minds is a drink of gin and tonic. Gin belongs to the distilled category of alcoholic drinks. The origins of gin go back to when monks and missionaries across Europe practiced making liquor to assist them in medicinal purposes.
Gin gets its unique flavor from the base of grain that is fermented. Juniper berries are then added to the distillery to bring it to its best. In this article, we are going to write a guide to walk you through gin for beginners.
You can buy gin online from various websites listed on Drinks Network Australia. They provide you with the best assortment of wines, specifically gin. You can get amazing deals and discounts on your favorite alcoholic drinks.
There are two ways to manufacture gin. The two of them produce excellent quality gin to be consumed by alcohol drinkers.
· Cold compounding
The gin made by cold compounding adds flavors to the drink during its production. These can be individual or in the form of a combination of several different ones. Cold compounding uses high-strength vodka.
Distilling gin means adding the flavorings or extracts to a still that is already filled with high-strength vodka. It still is distilled to give you A-grade gin.
Types of Gin
These are the most sought after brands of gin amongst alcohol drinkers.
- Hendrick’s gin is a type of distilled gin. It is a delicate pink-colored drink that makes you think of rose petals. There are flavorings added to the neutral while it’s making to get this type of gin its trademark cucumber.
- London Gin or London Dry Gin is another famous type of gin. It was introduced in London, hence the name. Sipsmith Beefeater is currently the most prominent gin producer. One must use water after its distillation to make the best out of it.
- Old Tom Gin is a sweet gin and is popular since old times in England. Bartenders are investing time and effort in recreating more delicious drinks using Old Tom and bringing it back to life.
- Another gin we see as a part of the rich British tradition is Sloe Gin. The manufacturers add sugar and other flavorings to the liquor to enhance the flavor and capture the essence of this drink to its fullest. This type of gin is most common in the UK.
Serving Different type of Gin
- We see so many variations in gin available in bars and stores these days. These differ in price, quality, and taste. There are several ways to consume gin.
- One of them that most people prefer to go through, is having it with tonic water and a wedge of your favorite citrus fruit.
- Another way to drink gin is by making a cocktail out of it. Bartenders the world over have devised delicious recipes that put together amazing ingredients to enhance the original taste of gin.
- The Moscow Mule is a popular drink made from gin. It contains some ginger ale with a squeeze of lime. It gives your drink the zing you were missing in your life.
To enjoy your drink follow our ultimate guide on gin for beginners and make the experience the best time drinking. Don’t forget to keep yourself hydrated and not overindulge in this activity. Happy drinking.