Today there are many people who are very fond of traveling. Many of these people are very fond of going to the hills and trekking. There are many such beautiful places in India, in front of which the beautiful views of foreign countries have also faded. There is a different comfort in the high hills and nature’s plaintiffs. If you are fond of trekking along with nature, then the options for you increase.
India offers more than one trek route for its tourists which is full of different adventures and these treks range from easy to very difficult. Trekking on these exciting treks in India can be a memorable experience of your life, which gives you a high adrenaline rush and chance to get closer to the wonders of nature. A mix of flora, fauna, man-made structure, cultural experiences, can be seen in such treks.
Here we have compiled a list of the best and most exciting treks in India:
Nanda Devi Glacier
Nanda Devi trek is an amazing trek in the Kumaon Himalayas that explores the fascinating Nanda Devi East Camp and the wonderful Milam Glacier.
- Region – Kumaon Himalaya
- Height – 4670 m
- Trekking time – Approx 15-16 days
- Best time for trekking – May-June and Mid October
Dzongri-Goecha La trek
Goecha La trek is one among the foremost exciting treks in India which remains famous and popular among adventure tourists. The trek starts from the town of Yuksom, which is legendary for its historical importance.
- Region- Sikkim Himalaya
- Height- 4940 m
- Trekking time- Approx 10-11 days
- Best time for trekking- March-June or Mid September-November
Hampta Pass Trek
One of the most adventurous treks in India, the Hampta Pass trek starts from Humpta village in Kullu Valley and ends at Chatru in Lahaul and Spiti Valley which is 35 kms.
- Region- Peer Panjal Range
- Height- 3850 m
- Trekking time- Approx 4-5 days
- Best time for trekking- Mid September and October
The Kedarkantha trek is considered to be one of the most famous winter treks in India. One of the main reasons for starting the Kedar kantha trek is the climbing of this trek.
- Region- Govind Wildlife sanctuary Uttarakhand
- Height- 12,500 ft
- Trekking time- 6 days
- Best time for trekking- October to June
Chadar trek is one of the toughest treks in India and most adventurous treks in Leh Ladakh. This trek is called Chadar trek because the Zanskar river turns into a white sheet of snow during winters.
- Region- Ladakh
- Height- 3850 m
- Trekking time- Approx 13 days
- Best time for trekking- Mid January- February
Valley of Flowers Trek
The Valley of Flowers trek is present in Uttarakhand and this trek comes in beautiful trekking spots. The Valley Of Flower trek in Uttarakhand takes you to the UNESCO world Heritage site and the Sikh pilgrimage site of Hemkund Site.
- Region – Garhwal Himalaya
- Height – 4389 m
- Trekking time – Approx 7-8 days
- Best time for trekking – Mid July and August
Adi Kailash Trek
Adi Kailash trek is a religious trek that takes you to the heart of Kumaon Himalayas. Adi Kailash trek is one of the major mountaineering destinations in India. During the trek, one can feel the beautiful views of the splendid mountain ranges of Annapurna, Kali River, and the famous Narayan Ashram.
- Region – Kumaon Himalay
- Height – 6191 m
- Trekking time – Approx 11-12 days
- Best time for trekking – June and October
Gomukh Tapovan Trek
Gomukh Tapovan trek offers amazing tourist places along with trekking, and has spiritual significance attached to it. The trek starts from the banks of the holy Bhagirathi river hence it’s commonly referred to as Gomukh Tapovan trek.
- Region – Garhwal Himalaya
- Height – 4465 m
- Trekking time – Approx 9 days
- Best time for trekking – Mid May or October
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek
Kanchenjunga base camp trek is one among the foremost exciting treks in India. This trek gives beautiful views of Rathong river, beautiful Orchids, rare birds and evergreen fern plantations.
- Region – Sikkim Himalay
- Height – 4940 m
- Trekking time – Approx 10 days
- Best time for trekking – Mid September and October
Sandakphu trek is the highest peak in west Bengal and is known as the ‘Trekker’s wonderland’. The highlight of this trek is the colorful flora that includes ferns, orchids and magnolias. While the Kalapokhari or the black pond, considered sacred by the Buddhists, is another attraction of this trek.
- Region – West Bengal
- Height – 11,500ft
- Trekking time – Approx 8-9 days
- Best time for trekking – April-May and Mid October- February