What is typhoid fever?
Typhoid fever is a disease of the intestines caused by a specific type of bacteria. Symptoms of typhoid include prolonged mild fever and headache. The only way to determine if a person is infected with typhoid is to test for Salmonella typhi in their blood or feces. Typhoid fever can cause intestinal bleeding and perforation. This can cause severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and spasms. Typhoid tests are done from the medical lab to confirm the fever. You can perform online lab test Pakistan from any lab like chughtai lab. Surgery may be needed to repair the damage to the bowel.
How typhoid fevers occur?
This fast means dirt; dirt always leads to the growth of some germs. Typhoid fever is a group that is spread by contaminated food.
The cause of this fever is the bacterium “Salmonella typhoid”. It is a contagious disease that can spread from one patient to a healthy person. The duration of this disease is 21 days or more. In this fever, usually, small rashes appear on the body.
They are especially noticeable on the chest, abdomen and back. Its center is the “intestines.” This is where the bad effects of this bacterium come into the bloodstream. The germs of this fever cause inflammation and ulceration in the glands of the small intestine (the wound in which pus also forms). There will be different causes of fever. You can only confirm it by booking online lab test Pakistan. You can choose best medical lab like chughtai lab.
These germs also get embedded in the liver, spleen, leaves, brain membranes and bone marrow and are excreted in the feces. They grow very fast in the intestines. The germs that grow on the body are also present in the contents of these grains.
Why does typhoid fever occur?
Dirty water unhealthy food is the main cause of typhoid; fever, cough, body aches, and stomach upset are typhoid symptoms. Typhoid fever ranges from 103 to 104. Even after being cured of this disease, the germs of this disease are excreted in the waste of some people for months. The disease is more prevalent in rainy and hot weather.
Doctors say the disease makes children and young people more anxious. Due to the weakened immune system of some people, the disease progresses faster than others. Diseases caused by eating and drinking, especially at social events, street festivals, or similar events, are more prevalent. Lack of hygiene in food and drink increases the risk of recurrent serious illnesses, which can be life-threatening for young children and the elderly.
The bacterium responsible for the rapid spread of typhoid fever in Pakistan is 2 to 5 microns long and 0.5 to 1.5 microns wide. The source of the spread of the disease is the patient’s sweat and saliva, in addition to the patient’s speech. In some areas, the disease is spread from wells and ponds that contain a patient’s waste and from raw milk, vegetables grown with dirty water, the patient’s utensils, clothes, etc. Always choose best lab for online lab test Pakistan. Like Chughtai lab is one the best lab in Pakistan. Remember that even after being cured of this disease, the germs of this disease are excreted in the waste of some people for months.
Symptoms of typhoid fever
- Symptoms of typhoid fever can range from mild to severe and usually develop in one to three weeks after exposure to the bacteria.
- On the back and abdomen, small round spots become pink spots. By pressing them, their redness disappears for a while and then comes back. This is an unusual symptom of this disease.
- The disease usually appears eight to fifteen days after the germs have entered the body, but this period can range from three days to a month, depending on the strength of the germs and the immunity of the infected person.
- Some people have white and shiny rashes, sometimes on the side, back, arms and thighs. Usually, the old rashes disappear, and new rashes form for three weeks or more, with each rash disappearing in three to four days. Apart from that:
- Fever (102 to 103 degrees Fahrenheit) and a 2-degree rise in temperature daily for five days (even reaching 103 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit).
- After ten to fourteen days, the fever sometimes rises and sometimes falls; the fever is mild in the morning. In the evening, it reaches 101 degrees Fahrenheit. After a day or two, the fever is mild in the morning and evening physical weakness remains. A few days before the fever is completely cured, you start feeling hungry.
Other Important Symptoms
- Occasionally there is bleeding, pain from pressing down on the right side of the navel, stopping speech and vomiting in some people and involuntary discharge of some (in the case of typhoid fever).
- The colour of the hand is yellow, and the consistency is thin. Sometimes there is a mixture of blood in them.
- Dryness of the tongue and white layer on both sides of the tongue freezes, spleen increases, the volume of speech decreases, thickening and color becomes black.
- The face becomes dusty, the muscles weaken, and the tongue dries out. Yellowing of the face, digestive complaints. Dryness (caused by thickening blood), physical weakness, heart and brain weakness.
- Yellow teeth, scabs on the lips, increased sleepiness and lethargy, edema of the bronchial vessels of the lungs. Some people have constipation, diarrhea, stomach and headache, loss of appetite, itching, ulcers, and shortness of breath.
- Wounds and cracked skin, if any, lubricated, wet and swollen.
The only way to confirm either someone is facing typhoid fever or not is lab test for typhoid fever. You can book online lab test Pakistan from Chughtai lab for typhoid fever.
Ways to prevent typhoid
Maintain proper digestion, prevent constipation, use boiled water, keep the patient in an airy room to not spread to healthy people. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends two typhoid vaccines to prevent typhoid.
A life, dilute vaccine is give in the form of an oral capsule. Within the first two years of vaccination, the vaccine is relatively effective in preventing disease. Three years after the initial vaccination, the vaccine provides no protection. The minimum age for this vaccine is over five years. V-capsular saccharide is an injected subunit vaccine. This vaccine is recommending for those two years of age or older.
It was approv by both for use in controlling local disease and insurgency. It suggests that typhoid vaccination programs should be implement, among other efforts to prevent the disease, including health education, water hygiene and quality, and training of health personnel. Where typhoid fever is a major public health problem in children, especially where antibiotic-resistant typhoid strains have been report, it is advisable to include pre-school and school-age children in vaccination programs.
Re-vaccination is recommend every three to seven years in areas where the typhoid vaccine is routinely use. Vaccination may also be recommending for travel to areas with a risk of typhoid infection. Travellers are usually advise to get the typhoid vaccine one to two weeks before departure.
These foods can usually cause an infection. Germs can spread easily to certain foods. These include:
Meat and poultry meat or products made from milk and milk products. Eggs and egg products, especially raw egg yolks, are bake goods containing items that are not fully bake or not fully cook, such as cream cakes or tops. Layers, fish, shrimp, seafood and its derivatives, ice cream and ice cream products, fine foods, raw foods and pickles, mayonnaise or sauce, and sauces.
Treatment of typhoid fever
Typhoid fever is usually treated with antibiotics. These antibiotics kill the Salmonella bacteria that cause typhoid.
Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations. Do not take more antibiotics than you are advised to take. Otherwise, your condition may worsen.