SAP FI is a financial accounting software tool that is used to manage and store the financial data of a business. In other words, it is a software tool that helps a company in keeping a track of its performance by analyzing its financial conditions in the market. Above all, it is an important component in SAP ERP and can merge with other SAP modules like SAP SD, SAP PP, SAP MM, SAP SCM, etc.
Subcomponents of SAP FI:
SAP FI contains some sub-components to handle the processes related to accounting and analysis-
- Financial accounting General Ledger- This component handles and contains all the transactions of the company. In addition, the submodule stores this transaction according to various accounting processes.
- Financial accounting accounts receivable- This module represents a customer’s transactions that include invoice posting, credit memo posting, down payments. Etc.
- Financial accounting accounts payable- Accounts payable represents all the transactions of a company with the seller. These transactions include an automatic payments program, executing vendor reports. Etc.
- Financial Accounting Asset Accounting- The transactions that include a company’s fixed assets are managed and recorded under this module. These include transactions such as retirement, sales, transfers, revaluations, depreciation. Etc.
- Financial Accounting Bank Accounting- It deals with the data related to a company’s bank accounts. It also manages the transactions records on the bank statements.
- Financial Accounting Travel Management- It manages and records all the transactions related to a company’s official travels.
- Fund Management- This software tool deals with the company’s revenue and expenses and manages the budget.
- Financial Accounting Legal Consolidations- This module lets a business merge various financial statements in order to have a knowledge of a company’s financial position.
Uses of SAP FI:
As discussed in the above paragraph, there are various modules or sub-components of SAP FI. These modules are used to handle different processes associated with analysis and accounting. Usually, these financial components use SAP FI modules-
- Fixed asset
- Cash journal
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Tax accounting
- General ledger
- Fast close functions
- Financial statements
- Parallel valuations
- Master data governance
Are There Good Career Opportunities in Sap FI?
Yes, the tool has good and demanding career paths. It is one of the leading ERPs all around the globe and its domain offers a wide variety of career options. In addition, the need for better management of financial activities and records has reached its peak. Similarly, the demand for it has also exceeded.
Companies require skilled professionals with polished operating skills in this software. As there are multiple job opportunities in this career, companies require highly qualified professionals. SAP FI Training Institute in Gurgaon is one of the best platforms to master this tool.
SAP FI vs SAP FICO:
It is a financial accounting tool and it deals with the company’s financial situation. However, SAP CO is a tool that supports the planning and reporting process. Above all, it monitors costs from the business activities.
SAP FI comprises various modules such as legal consolidations, fund management, general ledger. Etc. Similarly, SAP CO also includes different modules or sub-components. Some of the modules of SAP CO are as follows-
- Cost Elements- This tool provides a final statement about the company’s cost and revenue.
- Cost Centers- This module records and manages the cost of the company’s internal departments.
- Profit Centers- This module deals with recording all the data that is associated with a company’s business lines.
- Internal Orders- This module manages the cost which relates to nonfixed assets or small projects.
- Profitability Analysis- This module lets a company analyze the profitability of its products in detail.
- Product Costing- The data related to the cost that has been incurred in producing a company’s goods or products are managed under this module.
SAP is surely one of the biggest software providers for businesses and companies. Above all this tool helps with increment in management of a company. In conclusion, SAP FI ensures the betterment of financial management in a company. Many organizations implement this tool within their system due to its advanced features. An individual can visit SAP FI Online Training in India to gather further information about this career option. SAP FI certification provides an employee with extra cushion in their career.