Do you want to open MBOX file in Office 365 but can’t find any solution that is both trustworthy and simple to use? Then don’t bother looking! This blog was developed to assist you in understanding how to utilize Outlook Microsoft 365 to view your MBOX emails with best and simple approaches. Read this blog completely to know the complete process.
So, in this article, we’ll look at how to open MBOX file in Office 365 with the use of different methods.
Most organizations and corporations are moving away from on-premises servers and email clients these days. This is owing to the fact that, in recent years, there has been a significant increase in the use of cloud solutions, which allow users to access their data from any location. Additionally, cloud services provide automatic updates, reduce security risks, increase adaptability, and limit data loss. The MBOX document format is used by a large number of on-premises email clients. This format isn’t compatible with Outlook, the email client that comes with Office 365’s Exchange Online (Microsoft 365).
Let’s return to the main matter now.
MBOX is a standard file format that is widely used by different email clients including Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, Apple Mail, MS Outrage, PowerMail, and others, use the MBOX file type. However, if you can’t use the data in the same format (MBOX) with Microsoft 365 Outlook (or any other Outlook version), you’ll have to convert it to PST or import MBOX to 365 directly.
Office 365 on the other hand, is a Microsoft Office Suite subscription-based service that includes several products like as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, One Drive, and more. When you create an Office 365 account, you have two purchase options: Office 365 Personal, which gives a single user complete access to all Office applications, and Office 365 Home, which is designed for families who will be using Office at the same time. The software’s comprehensive features make it ideal for transferring data from other email accounts to Microsoft 365.
Is it necessary to import MBOX files into Microsoft 365?
You can improve information security and management by importing MBOX data to Microsoft 365. The following are some of the most important characteristics:
- Office 365 is a component of the Microsoft Office Suite, and individuals who purchase it will receive a professional email client with which to access their important data.
- When users are unable to use their MBOX-based email client, they must import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook 365.
- Microsoft manages Office 365, which is more powerful than open-source email clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird, which requires users to open an MBOX file in Outlook 365.
- Provide the ability to install on PCs, Macs, tablets, and phones, as well as the ability to manage mailboxes more efficiently.
- Office 365 is the most effective and dependable tool available.
These are some of the useful aspects of converting MBOX emails to Office 365 for managing important data. We’ll go over the two best ways to open MBOX file in MS Office 365 in this article.
Method 1. Network Upload Approach – Upload MBOX file to Office 365 through Outlook
The only manual way to import MBOX emails into Outlook Microsoft 365 is to convert them to PST mailboxes, which you can do for free using free MBOX to PST converters. If you have a Thunderbird account and MS Outlook installed on your computer, you can export the MBOX file to a PST file. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Import MBOX to Outlook PST
- Select the folder that you wish to move in Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Ctrl + A selects all emails in that folder.
- Right-click on the emails you want to save and choose Save As > File.
- Make a note of where you want to save the file.
- Close Mozilla Thunderbird and open MS Outlook after saving the file.
- Make a New Folder and then drag the saved file into it.
- As a result, MBOX emails are stored in a PST mailbox.
Step 2: Export MBOX emails (PST file) to Office 365
Using the network upload approach, the emails are imported into Microsoft 365/Office 365. To import the files into Microsoft 365, follow the instructions below.
- First, download Microsoft Azure AzCopy and make a duplicate of the SAS URL on the PC.
- Now, upload the PST file that you just produced.
- Then, in a PST file, you may see all of your emails.
- Then, on an Exchange online account, establish a new mapping for the PST data file and a PST import job.
These are the steps that must be followed in order to manually migrate MBOX file to Office 365. However, it can appear to users to be excessively sophisticated at times, and there is a risk of data loss.
What Are the Cons of Manually Importing MBOX Into Office 365?
Although the manual technique can import MBOX files into Office 365/Microsoft 365 mailboxes, it comes with a number of disadvantages.
- The manual techniques for importing MBOX files into Outlook Office 365 are extremely difficult. They also don’t apply to all MBOX clients, and you’ll only be allowed to import emails. As a result, you’ll need to use a third-party program like MBOX to Office 365, which allows you to quickly migrate MBOX mailboxes to Microsoft Outlook 365.
- Migrating MBOX files from several devices to a single Office 365/ Microsoft 365 tenant becomes complicated because several program must be installed on each device independently.
- Using the Admin Center necessitates technical knowledge.
- With significant amounts of data, the migration procedure could be slow and error-prone.
Method 2. How to Open MBOX file in Office 365? – Instant Solution
The next best practice is to look for an automated solution to immediately import MBOX to Microsoft 365 with the bare minimum of needs. It would be difficult to find what you want because there are so many things available online. We provide you the most authentic and thoughtfully created application, the MBOX to PST Converter tool, which supports all MBOX email clients for straight import to Microsoft 365 account destinations. The workflow of the tool to import MBOX to Microsoft 365 in steps is provided to comprehend the user-interface of the application and the tasks involved.
MBOX Converter is a program that allows users to quickly and easily import MBOX data from more than 20 email clients into Microsoft 365. Users can also utilize the smart filtering tools to import only specific data based on their needs.
MBOX file to Outlook 365 application: Key Features
- Users can directly import MBOX files into Outlook 365 using this program.
- This software allows users to upload numerous MBOX files to Outlook 365 accounts using the app.
- Users can use this program to migrate MBOX files to Outlook 365 accounts selectively by selecting only the MBOX folders they need.
- It works with any email client that supports MBOX.
- The tool transfers mailbox files in bulk into the most recent version of Microsoft Outlook 365 Webmail, with no size restrictions.
- Users can import single or several MBOX files in bulk using the Files & Folders settings.
- To do mailbox mapping of several Office 365 User accounts, admin credentials are necessary.
We’ve gone over how to open an MBOX file in Outlook 365. Both the Professional and Manual approaches have been thoroughly explained. You can select any of these options based on your need. However, as previously said, the manual method is time intensive, and there is a risk of data loss while using this method. As a result, it is preferable to use automated software.
To read more such articles: Visit here