Not all of us can afford a 200sqm villa or apartment, many of us in fact find ourselves having to furnish a small house. By now the new buildings have adapted to the generation of those who do not live in the house and want it to be comfortable and without many frills. However, design also meets these trends and it is not certain that a small house cannot be beautiful and functional. For Home Decor Click Here
There are rules to follow, however, to get to an optimal result and above all mistakes not to be made. So let’s see some ideas for creating a comfortable and effective environment even with a few square meters available.
How to furnish a small house tips:
There are some basic mistakes to avoid when you want to furnish a small space and by small we mean between 40 and 60 square meters.
You must mainly pay attention to how you want to divide the spaces (if this is your goal), the colors you use and the solutions for storing your things.
So here’s what to keep an eye on:
- Space division
- Closet solutions
How to divide a small House:
In any space, whether large or small, dividing the rooms according to the function of use is always the best solution. Dividing does not necessarily mean raising walls, you can use bookcases, wardrobes, plasterboard containers that combine functionality with aesthetics. In fact, with this type of furniture it is possible to have containers and dividers at the same time.
If, on the other hand, you prefer not to “raise dividers” at home and you like open space, you can always define the spaces with rugs or colors (we’ll talk about this in the next point).
Small House Colors:
Another caution that should not be underestimated is the use of color to furnish. We know very well that black fades and white widens, this is the same thing happens inside the home.
Obviously white illuminates and increases the depth of a room, black darkens an environment, especially if it is a small one. But this doesn’t mean that you can’t be daring and can’t use brighter colors.
It is enough to use palettes in tone, perhaps of soft colors, or use a stronger color to define a space or delimit an area, and this is where color blocking comes into play: with this technique you will be able to give depth and at the same time to divide a space with color.
Closet solutions in the House:
Take advantage of all the available spaces, this is the rule. Green light for mezzanines, storage units, boxes and so on.
Even the dead corners can become a great opportunity to insert shelves or bookcases.
- It is mandatory to have a container bed, I always recommend those with drawers rather than those with flap,
- they allow more space (ours is really very high) and greater cleanliness.
- Benches and storage poufs can be functional and furnish at the same time.
- In the kitchen, try to use full-height wall units, so that you can take advantage of all the available space.
- In the bathroom, remember that there are small sanitary ware and washbasins and to use all the space below to create solutions where you can store your things.
NB. having a small space, you don’t have to fill everything in a confusing way. Closed containers and furniture with doors are preferable, to maintain harmony and depth of the spaces. For Plumbing Issue click here
Furnish a small house with style:
Small does not mean without taste and personality. Your home must always reflect your style, of whatever size it is. However, there are some precautions to keep in mind. So here is the guide, tips and mistakes to avoid when decorating a small house.
- Prefer suspended furniture, they create air in the environment and allow you to use the space below with decorative baskets (as well as functional … I love baskets)
- Unless you are a vatussi, remember that for the bedroom there are 190cm long mattresses, not only 200cm long. 10 cm saved are not bad.
- Divided spaces yes, but always open. Green light to the partition solutions we talked about above.
mirrors are the best friends of small houses, they allow to give depth.
- The more light there is, the more airy the space will seem. So remember to illuminate every single corner well.
Use large furniture, disproportionate to the environment:
- Purchase a fixed size dining table. There are many on the market, together with extendable consoles, which
- Will allow you to modify the spaces at will. USE CO2 Monitor
- Paint all the walls of a room in dark colors, remember what we have already said about colors.
- No to the bathtub! As much as your dream may be, you risk stealing useful storage space in the bathroom.