QuickBooks is well-known accounting software that has been utilized by small to mid-sized business owners. It has gained popularity across the globe because of having amazing and advanced features and functionalities. Although, QuickBooks is prone to technical error codes and bugs.
QuickBooks Error Code 1328 is one such error that usually takes place while updating to the QuickBooks software. Here, in the following post, we are going to discuss the same error in detail.
What does QuickBooks Error Code 1328 indicate?
QuickBooks update error 1328 usually appears when the user tries to launch the company file. In addition to this, the same error may also pop up because of the .tmp files saved on the config.msi folder. If you are facing the same issue, again and again, and looking for some effective solutions, read the whole post.
What May Lead to QuickBooks Error 1328?
Well, there can be numerous causes that might give rise to QuickBooks update error 1328. Here, we are listing a few of them so that you can resolve the issue according to the relevant causes.
- You will be facing issues while installing or updating the QuickBooks software.
- Due to the damaged or corrupted QuickBooks programs files, you may experience QuickBooks update error 1328.
- Because of the network and connectivity issues.
- When you have not properly installed the QuickBooks company files, this may also be a reason behind the error occurrence.
- Due to the invalid entries in the Windows operating system.
- A malware or viruses attack might be also blocking access to the computer system.
- If you have an invalid license of QuickBooks, then the error might take place.
Causes of Error applying the patch to [filename] – Error 1328
When designing software, programmers code by anticipating the appearance of errors. However, there is no such thing as a perfect design, as errors are to be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can occur during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are usually caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. They can also occur due to memory issue, bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case, the problem should be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to fix this error.
How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error Code 1328?
Go through the following methods to fix QuickBooks update error 1328. In case, you have any issues in applying the following solutions, hire one of our experts. We may help you in fixing the same error code without hampering the system.
Method 1: Updating your Windows
Your software might not be working because of the MSXML, Microsoft .Net, and C++ files. Hence you must keep the operating system up to date. Let’s see how to do it.
- Initially, choose the start menu and look for the Window Updates.
- After that, click on the windows updates icon.
- Now, choose the check for updates option.
- Finally, restart the system and check whether the issue is appearing or not.
Method 2: Use the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- First of all, download and install the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Choose the installation issues on the install diagnostic tool.
- After that, click on the Run scan option.
- Next, make sure that you are working on the recent version of Windows.
- Finally, restart the system along with the QuickBooks software.
You may also read: QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118
Method 3: Utilize the System File Checker Tool
Sometimes, corrupted files might also be leading to QuickBooks update error 1328. Below are the steps to use the SFC to fix the same error code.
- First of all, you need to run a full scan via antivirus software.
- After that, use the registry repair files to verify whether the Windows registry entry is damaged.
- Next, you need to delete the unwanted company files.
- Finally, utilize Windows Restore to get the recent changes back.
Method 4 – Update your virus protection program or download and install the latest Windows Update
Method 5 – Reinstall Runtime Libraries
You may get the error because of an update, like the MS Visual C++ package which may not be installed correctly or completely. What you can do next is uninstall the current package and install a fresh copy.
- Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features, find and highlight Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall at the top of the list and when done restart your computer.
- Download the latest Microsoft redistributable package and then install it.
Method 6 – Run Disk Cleanup
You may also encounter a runtime error due to very low free space on your computer.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- Then, you can also clear your cache and restart your computer
- You can also run disk cleanup, open your explorer window and right click on your home directory (this is usually C: )
- Click Properties, then Disk Cleanup
Method 7 – Reinstall your graphics driver
If the error is related to a bad graphics driver, you can do the following:
- Open your device manager, locate the graphics driver
- Right-click on the video card driver then click uninstall, then restart your computer
Method 8 – IE Related Runtime Error
If the error you are getting is related to Internet Explorer, you can do the following:
- Reset your browser.
- For Windows 7, you can click Start, go to Control Panel, and then click Internet Options on the left side. Then you can click on the Advanced tab and then on the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, you can click Search and type Internet Options, then go to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Disable script debugging and error notifications.
- In the same Internet Options window, you can go to the Advanced tab and search for Disable script debugging
- Check the radio button
- At the same time, uncheck the item “Show a notification for each script error”, then click Apply and OK, then restart your computer.
If these quick fixes don’t work, you can always back up the files and run the repair reinstall on your computer. However, you can do it later when the solutions listed here didn’t do the job.
Finally, we hope that this informative post has helped you in fixing QuickBooks Error Code 1328. Sometimes, the error remains unresolved even after applying all of the above-mentioned solutions. In such a case, you are recommended to call our QB experts to get the technical help.
Our toll-free phone number is 1-860-215-2261.